Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Classroom

On Tuesday I had to run by my school and drop something off, so I go to take a quick peek into my classroom. Summer school is being held at my school this year, but my room is not being used. Yipee! I used to complain about being the only core teacher on my hallway, but now I'm glad my room is across from the band room and next to two resource rooms. My assistant principal said I can come in next week and start setting up my room. Here is what my room looks like now:



My room has 31 student desks, 1 teacher desk, 2 tables, 2 file cabinets, 1 bookcase, and a grey storage cabinet. Last year I tried several different seating arrangements, but wasn't really happy with any of them. This
summer, I found this picture on Pinterest and had an idea.



I don't have the storage drawers, but I do have those metal cubes that can have extra shelves added by using cable ties. My idea is to put 5 desks together with two metal cubes made to have four shelves, one for each grade level I teach and one shelf to hold SmartPals for each student. I am going to use cut in half composition books to write foci in this year. I thought this would be a great place to store them and help with congestion at the classroom door. I will have 6 students groupings in the room. Hopefully this year I will not have another class of 30, it gets awfully crowded.

I'll upload photos After I get it set up.

Until next time.

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment